This is a blog about me and the things that make me laugh, smile, hurt or cry!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Loud and Clear - Good Morning World!

Hi there!

Welcome to Say it Loud, Say it Clear -- my first attempt at writing a blog. I have been wanting to do this for some time, but had no idea where to start or what to say. But, since I must start somewhere, my next two posts will give you an idea of who I am and what's important to me. Then, from there, I will start sharing what's on my mind.

I have many interests and passions. But I am primarily concerned about the the situation of my beloved country, Zambia. So, I will write a lot about development; politics and economics; poverty; the church and religion; women; children and youth; the arts; media and communication; literature and books; music; movies; culture and tradition. That looks like a lot of issues, but it will really depend on what is on my mind or going on around me -- in Zambia or beyond.

I hope to avoid 'speaking from without' as we say in Zambia. I will not claim to be objective on every issue since I will write about what is on my mind and usually from my point of view. Nevertheless, I respect other people's views and defend your right to hold a different view to mine. However, I am opposed to ranting, rudeness or blatant insults. Good manners in our society are already in in short supply.


Once again, welcome to my world...

No comments: